Welcome to the Neato Robotic Vaccum Cleaner Range Review
Robotic Vacuum Cleaners are becoming ever more popular and none more so than the Neato Robotic Vacuum cleaner. Neato offers a range of bots that will suit any budget, and even though they all come with the famous d-shaped design to get into every corner, they all perform slightly differently. Unlike its competitors which randomly zig zag across your room, the Neato robot will carefully plan out it’s cleaning cycle, ensuring that it covers every corner and crevasse of your room, using its patented laser smart mapping technology.
Below we have taken the key models in the Neato Robotic Vacuum Cleaner range and reviewed them to give you all of the information you need to make the best decision on which to buy. We will start with the ‘darling’ of the Neato Range and our star buy The Neato Botvac connected.
Neato Botvac Connected
An important feature of any premium robotic vacuum cleaner is its ability to perform using Wireless or Wifi technology, and the Botvac connected is no exception. Using its specially designed Neato app you can start your bot, schedule it to clean and even steer it around the room to clear up any household accidents. This app also allows you to see where the robot has cleaned in your room and the path it took. With its patented laser smart mapping technology, this exceptionally gifted robot will plan out its most optimal route and clean any room accordingly, unlike most models which will randomly zig zag around the room hoping to pick everything up by chance.
Check out how this amazing robot vacuum cleaner works below
The Neato Botvac connected is designed to be in direct competition with the Roomba 980 which is more expensive and does not perform as well in tests and functionality. See the difference below.
So what are the Features of the Neato Botvac Conencted?
- The Neato robotic vacuum cleaner is Wifi and Alexa enabled
- It comes with a 0.7 litre dust bin
- Uses both suction and brush power to tackle all dirt, including pet hair
- It has spot cleaning and full home cleaning activated by buttons on top of the robot
- The Neato app is available on Apple or Android devices
- It has patented smart laser smart mapping technology to target every part of the room. (See Below)
The Pros and Cons of the Neato Botvac Connected
- The app is amazing – you can schedule, start and even steer your bot from your phone
- The patented cleaning technology is far better than its rivals
- The D-shapped design will get to the hard to reach places others can’t
- It is Alexa enabled – Meaning that your Alexa device can control it when you are not there
- It has both Eco and Turbo Modes
- With no onboard camera the Botvac can operate in the dark
- It can clean up to 5000 sq ft in one charge
- The Neato Botvac Connected is cheaper than the Roomba 980
- The remote control steering system via the app requires you to be connected to the same network, so only the phone that is paired can use it.
- The price is expensive
- The robot struggles on thick carpets
- The robot does not integrate with a ‘Smart Home’
- There is no virtual lighthouse, if you want to limit the path of the robot you will need to use magnetic tape, which looks a little untidy.
The rest of the Neato Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Range
The Neato D80 robotic vacuum cleaner is specifically designed for picking up the maximum amount of pet hair using its spiral blade brush and combo brush. It has a high performance filtration system, and like all botvacs it comes with its laser smart mapping technology. Unlike the Botvac connected this robot is not Wifi or Alexa enabled.
Neato D3 Connected
A less expensive cousin to the botvac connected, the D3 is also a wifi and Alexa enabled robotic vacuum cleaner which is designed for every day cleaning. Its standard filter and combo brush is designed for quick and effortless cleaning, and is ideally suited for homes without pets. The D3 can clean up to 1800 square feet per charge and like all Neato robotic vacuum cleaners the Neato D3 comes with the patented smart laser mapping technology.
Neato D5 Connected
The Neato D5 is another Wifi and Alexa enabled Robotic Vacuum Cleaner in the Neato range. This robot is a step down from the Botvac connected, and can clean up to 4500 square feet in one charge. Like the Botvac Connected, The D5 comes with boundary markers, but does lack the spiral blade brush that breezes through pet hair. Nevertheless, this robot does come with an ultra performance filter to get up every last ounce of dust.
To enable you to make a direct comparison between each model we have put together a table below to show what each model does.
We hope you enjoyed our review of the Neato robotic vacuum cleaner range. Whilst we appreciate that we haven’t covered all of the models, we have given you a cross section of the best models to allow you to come to an informed decision. If you have ant comments on our review we would love to hear them.